Wednesday 18 June 2014

You're messing with the wrong woman...


Today I received this letter in the mail, along with an unsolicited credit card application from NAB.  This is how it read.



A note from the desk of 
Mari-Anna's Sensible Side


Hello again,

I know I've been nagging over the years about ways to manage your spending.  But as your sensible side, I just need to tell you about a letter that recently caught my attention.  And I think you'll enjoy the benefits.

I've already given it a once-over and in short, this new NAB credit card offer will provide some welcome breathing space.  All things considered, it's just what we need to get your finances, and impulsive side, under control.

The sensible thing to do now is to give me the role of Chief Financial Officer and ask your impulsive side to step aside.

Best regards,

Your Sensible Side.

P.S.  With me in charge you don't have to completely ignore your impulsive side - you can still have fun.


And so, I thought I should give them the courtesy of a reply, to be posted back in the reply paid envelope included.  This is what it says:


Dear NAB,

I received this piece of mail from you today, and frankly, I found it rather insulting!  I am sure you were trying to be humorous, but I am afraid you missed the mark.  Firstly, to imply that I do not know how to manage my own finances responsibly, and even worse, to suggest that I would consider getting a credit card to be sensible!  How little intelligence do you think I have?  Do you know how many Australians are currently weighed down with credit card debts that they are unsure of ever being able to repay?  But of course you do, and that is why you are trying to milk me for all the interest you can.  Unfortunately for you, I already have enough savings to warrant never getting a credit card, and all the breathing space I need, because I know how to be sensible with my finances.  So I am afraid you and your Greedy Side have lucked out on this one. 


I would appreciate it if you would refrain from attaching my name to such nonsense in the future. 

Sincerely,

Mari-Anna and her Sensible Side.

P.S. My Impulsive Side suggested I write this letter - see, we already have plenty of fun.


Now the question is...shall I send it?

7 comments:

  1. Definitely!! And on their Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send it! I got one too and I'm furious! (The great thing about the internet, of course, is that you never need to be furious alone)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so true. Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  3. Yes. Definitely send it! Your reply is way funnier than their stupid letter :-D and very well written too

    ReplyDelete